Wednesday 7 November 2007

Snow for Christmas

The DCM challenge on the theme of snowflakes (or snowmen) meant that I could use my metal embellishments. (I've had them for about 3 years).

To make the background paper I clear embossed snowflakes on black paper. I then smooshed on metallic rub-ons with my fingers, and wiped over with a tissue to make the embossing stand out. Very easy, and very effective! I used a glitter EP for the date, but you obviously have to see this irl to get the sparkle.

---

Stamps : Stampington Christmas Found Elements

Inks : Metallic RubOns in blue and silver; Versamark; VersaColor Lagoon Blue

Extras : pearlescent paper in grey, black and blue; PM metal snowflakes and brads; MM blue brads; Enchanted Creations Dreams EP

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely card, thanks for comments, terrie bx

Anonymous said...

Wow lovely Card. Fabulous snowflakes.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, fab colours

Juliet said...

Brilliant card - really luxurious Ros.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Also learned a trick with the embossing and pearl rub.

thanks
patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the card. Love the word "smooshed" even more! Am going to adopt it from now on! Lol x

Paula J Atkinson said...

So beautiful.
I always want it to snow on Xmas day but this year it snowed on my (40th)birthday. I had a full day of pampering & being treated like a princess & then I got snow!!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love this - so stylish!

Kim Costello said...

Beautiful effect with the embossed resist really stunning, thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card as always