Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Snow for Christmas

The DCM challenge on the theme of snowflakes (or snowmen) meant that I could use my metal embellishments. (I've had them for about 3 years).

To make the background paper I clear embossed snowflakes on black paper. I then smooshed on metallic rub-ons with my fingers, and wiped over with a tissue to make the embossing stand out. Very easy, and very effective! I used a glitter EP for the date, but you obviously have to see this irl to get the sparkle.

---

Stamps : Stampington Christmas Found Elements

Inks : Metallic RubOns in blue and silver; Versamark; VersaColor Lagoon Blue

Extras : pearlescent paper in grey, black and blue; PM metal snowflakes and brads; MM blue brads; Enchanted Creations Dreams EP

10 comments:

Terrie B x said...

lovely card, thanks for comments, terrie bx

Sandy said...

Wow lovely Card. Fabulous snowflakes.

Andrea said...

Beautiful card, fab colours

Juliet said...

Brilliant card - really luxurious Ros.

PATTY said...

Beautiful card. Also learned a trick with the embossing and pearl rub.

thanks
patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Glitter Monkey said...

Love the card. Love the word "smooshed" even more! Am going to adopt it from now on! Lol x

Paula said...

So beautiful.
I always want it to snow on Xmas day but this year it snowed on my (40th)birthday. I had a full day of pampering & being treated like a princess & then I got snow!!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love this - so stylish!

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Beautiful effect with the embossed resist really stunning, thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card as always