Saturday 3 November 2007

Butterfly post

I have combined 2 challenges on this piece. One from DCM to use hand cut items, and the other from 4 x 4 Friday to use faux postage.

I have coloured the background, and then applied gesso. I have been meaning to play with this more extensively for a while now. Great fun! I forgot to put on my glasses when I cut the postage stamp out last night, and then found it really hard to focus when I had to drive to collect my daughter from a music rehearsal!! Will I ever learn!


---
Stamps : Crafty Individuals 6; Time to Stamp ATC Set 1; Paper Artsy Man of Numbers 2; Clarity Stamps 1st Class post

Inks : DI Aged Mahogany amd Peeled Paint; Adirondack Lettuce; VersaColor Brown

Extras : Gesso; PP by Scenic Route

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boah this is so amazing. Fabulous 4 x 4.

Andrea, said...

This is beautiful, love the colours

Penny said...

This is beautiful, lovely background , love the big diamond shapes!

Unknown said...

Love these subtle colours and the butterflies are gorgeous. LOL Lynn xx

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card! These colours together just fit the bill - wow, I love it!

Kim Costello said...

Beautiful card, The images are perfect and I like the look of that gesso!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Absolutely gorgeous & how on earth did you get this uploaded, blogger is refusing to let me!!!

Love those diamonds but really I love it all fabulous mix of stamps & I did the same as you collaged neglected ones...if any one ever gets to see it!

My Paper World said...

Really beautiful! I love the colours and those fab butterfly images!

Claudette said...

the placement of the diamond shapes I really like...nice work

Jane's Blogs said...

I really love this ... the whole thing is just brilliant.

K said...

fabulous! love it!

Rika said...

Gargeous card, wonderful colors!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card!

Lavender Rose said...

Such a pretty colour combination. I love this card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card !

Deb said...

Really beautiful Ros, lovely tones you have used.

Lythan said...

what a lovely card Ros. don't forget your glasses now!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ros, this is really fantastic. Love the colours, the background and all.

stampingbalou said...

Ros, this is amazing - great colours and the arrangement is more than perfect !

Kathy said...

what a lovely card Ros, those colours work so well together

Anonymous said...

Wow, really beautiful 4x4.

Tania said...

Very beautiful! Nice postage!

Nellie said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely delicate colours

asia wu said...

Fab card, so delicate.

Rhi said...

Gorgeous, I love the soft vintage colours and impeccable stamping, ace!