Thursday 8 November 2007

Deck of Me, weeks 37 & 38

The prompt for week 37 was draw something. Once again, I turned to Mary Fleeson's work for inspiration. The Salt challenge for this week is from the hymn book so this will be appropriate for that too.

'Light of the world you came down in the darkness, opened my eyes, let me see'. I have been singing this song all the while I have been drawing, grateful for the reminder. 'Here I am to say that you're my God.'


---

Stamps : AudDesign

Inks : watercolour pencils; DI Weathered Wood; Archival Black

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The prompt for week 38 was I wonder..

I wonder at the tenaciousness of life. Even in extreme conditions there is evidence of living matter. Yesterday I noticed plants clinging to a wall that had benefitted from a dripping drainpipe. Survival is such a basic instinct.

When my daughter saw this card, she commented that it was just like the pub wall we pass regularly. It was easily recognisable!

---

Stamps : AudDesign; Crafty Individuals 53; Paper Artsy Frames 4

Inks : DI Peeled Paint; Archival Black; watercolour pencils

Extras : image from Mayang Gallery

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Don't you just love that song that Delirious sings 'Open my eyes, let me see.... Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You're my King...
Just singing in my head now - lovely expression of your faith here Ros!

Lythan said...

These are so beautiful. I just love the lighthouse. And the meaning behind it.

Hazel said...

This is so lovely - I love that song - it has a deep effect on me whenever I sing it.

Kim said...

Fantastic Ros! I love the journal idea and the lighthouse is wonderful! I love lighthouses! Perfect compliment to the song!

Scripture by Design said...

Ahhh..it's so nice to read your blog and come away singing!!!

Gillian said...

Better late than never, hey Ros, sorry I'm so late commenting on your Salt piece, but it is Beautiful... Your lighthouse is Wonderful! I love that your art filled your heart with song, Praise is never wasted!