Wednesday 25 July 2007

We've got your number

The Midweek challenge from DCM was to use numbers on your work. As my eldest daughter approaches her final year at school, I'm going to need to make lots of 18th birthday cards. Here is the first - you will no doubt see many more!

A bold adventure in colour for me - out of the comfort zone really, but I know that the girl this is intended for will love the combination. The DI inks are sponged on with cotton wool, and then sprinkled with water.

---

Stamps : Elusive Images butterfly set; HA Fanciful Flowers; numbers from free stamp from magazine; Monet quote unknown

Inks : DI spiced marmalade, fired brick; Archival black; Marvy black pen

11 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

These colours are heavenly!!
Gorgeous card.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I think this is just stunning! The colors are eye-catching. Beautiful work.

Louly said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the effect of the sprinkled water, it reminds me of when I sprinkle salt on wet silk painting it has a similar effect. Have you tried salt on your wet ink?

Sheila said...

Ooh Ros what a fabulous card. The colour is stunning.

SueH said...

Oh Wow, how amazing is that!
Great card and the colours are fantastic. I can’t think why you should worry about not being in you comfort zone.

Scripture by Design said...

Wow, I really like what you've done here!

Kathy said...

ooooh these colours are stunning, what a gorgeous effect you've got on this one

Lythan said...

Wow the effect with the AI is just GORGEOUS! This is a wonderful card

Andrea, said...

Lovely card, the background is brilliant and such rich colours.

Godelieve said...

Stunning background, love this!

Gillian said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!!