Tuesday 31 July 2007

Paddling in the shallows

I have been wanting to contribute to a site called Technique Thursday for a while now, so here is my 1st offering.

The theme is gleen from the past; using a technique inspired by an article in a magazine, book or file. Mine is brayering, inspired an article by Barbara Santerelli in Craft Stamper.

I brayered on glossy card, and then again on scrap paper having spread the brayer with stamp cleaner. This serves 2 purposes : 1) you get a watercolour effect on the paper which is great to use, and 2) you get a clean brayer (lol). I used the same inkpad for the shells, the netting on the blue border, and sponging on the green outer border. I water spritzed the glossy card before stamping.


---
Stamps : Time to Stamp Beach Memoirs set; HA Little Shells

Inks : Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea; StazOn black

Extras : white net; blue and green brads; blue card

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the netting effect in the corners - it finishes it off nicely for me.

J

Andrea, said...

Stunning card the colours are wonderful