Sunday 8 July 2007

Heavenly Host

Another card for Isa's H challenge. We could add option a) at least 4 patterned papers, and b) some metal. There was a list of H words we couldn't use as well.

I started with 2 BG sublime papers and built the colours up from there. It was only when I stepped back to look at it that I realised how Christmassy it is!

In half term Steve and I went to see a Burne-Jones exhibition at Birmingham art gallery. This angel reminds me of his work, which I love. He always paints long necks, and faces on an angle, with a prominent chin (the model being his wife).


---

Stamps : Stampington Latin Parchment, Angelic Host

Inks : Fluid Chalk maroon; DI shabby shutters; Archival black; computer generated text

Extras : copper harp; copper brads; green sheer ribbon; Basic Grey sublime papers; Imaginisce Turkish Delight, and Rococo Loco

8 comments:

Cora said...

Very pretty! I love the papers and the stamped image.

Anonymous said...

I really like this card. I wouldn't have described it as Christmassy myself but the background does remind me, slightly, of mulled wine. Beyond that I'm not really sure why I like it although my favourite bits are the rivets and the winged harp.

J

Anonymous said...

wow ros this card is sooo amazing!!! love the colors, details and the look! it could be an XMAS-card - but could be another!!! great work!!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, I just love Stampington stamps

Anonymous said...

very nice, i love the stamp et the paper

Jacqueline said...

I love these deep burgundy colours Ros - love the theme and your layout design! Why not - you could use it for Christmas too!

Natural and Homemade said...

Hi! Love your card. Those colors and the stamp image are a great choise. Very nice work.

Leni said...

wonderful.