Friday, 27 July 2007

Checks

Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that it pleases me to use items I've had for a while. Well in this case, I was experimenting with Posh Impression inks and made this check pattern among others, which I put away somewhere...about 7 years ago!

Now found, and used for the DCM theme of checks. Another piece was unusable as was, so I sponged over it using the same inks (also not used since - I'm surprised they didn't dry up!).
---

Stamps : Time to Stamp vintage sewing set

Inks : Posh Impressions inks cranberry and terracotta; Archival black; AI wild plum

Extras : chipboard buckle; pink sheer ribbon; prima flowers; Queen & Co brad; glossy card; cranberry paper

11 comments:

Lythan said...

I'm glad we have helped you rediscover some old work. And very striking it looks too

Paula said...

Totally fabby!!!

Anonymous said...

Clever use of the dress maker's mannequin. As you know, I (particularly) enjoy your work that mixes people images with text and textures and this kind of fits even though a mannequin is inanimate...except in Dr Who...

Gillian Hamilton said...

OH YUM!!!! (said in a very expressive way...lol!)
oooohh I do love this the colours, the design and those scrummy stamps!

Angelnorth said...

This looks great - well done on the rediscovery and one finding ways to make it look totally fab on a card! Colour combo looks lovely and has just the right balance between vintage and contemporary, IYSWIM!

Kathy said...

This is lovley, the colours you've used here work so well - and good on you for using "old stash"

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is fab and reminds me I need to find my Posh Impression inks stashed away under the stairs somewhere!

Leigh said...

Beautiful card.

Cheryl said...

This is wonderful! Great color choices, and I love that mannequin.

jo said...

Really stunning Ros.

Louly said...

Very ingeneous, love it!!!