Monday, 20 August 2007

The Magic Flute

TMTA's challenge for this week is based on the theme of music - how cool is that!! So I have used a postage stamp I've saved from a letter I received about 5 years ago, waiting for an appropriate moment; and this is it.

Mozart's Magic Flute opera is one of the first operas I went to see - one of my favourites. Papageno really amuses me.


---

Stamps : PA Man of Numbers plate 2; Non Sequitur Greco-Roman collage set; Stampington Mozart

Inks : Adirondack red pepper, sailboat blue, and sunshine yellow; birdcage printed from internet

Extras : PP by Fancy Pants; postage stamp

21 comments:

Dani D said...

great theme, like the opera too

Kelly said...

great ATC!

Anonymous said...

Excellent combination of the character, the cage and the signature (amongst other things) to sell the idea of The Magic Flute - it wouldn't surprise me if you get The National ringing you up to use your 'collage' as a poster!

J

Silvia said...

Really wonderful, love this idea, and this pastell-colors.

Clau said...

Gorgeous ATC. The Magic Flute is one of my favourites too. Glad you saved the stamp for this.

Jacqueline's Craft Nest said...

Wow, LOVE that birdcage!

mum on the run said...

Very pretty ATC!!

Paula said...

This is stunning. Love that colour & the image is fab. What a perfect use for the stamp.

Zuzu's Blog said...

Oh wonderful ATC .. and the very same theme as me .. magic flute and I also went with papagano ..
i love your interpritation and use of colour.

alice k. said...

This is great! Love the background, as well as composition, the birdcage - well, all of it!

Franzi said...

Wonderful ATC! I like this nice postage stamp and of course the gorgeous rubber stamp. Really nice!

Margret said...

Excellent!!! Love the combination

Rein said...

What a wonderful ATC!

Claudette said...

awesome atc....

rammsteinchen said...

great with a stamp is my too ;-)

Sija said...

Very nice atc.

Gillian said...

lovely take on theme:)

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful ATC!!

Nancy Maxwell James said...

beautiful atc and wonderful theme!

stampingwitch said...

wonderful

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Stunning work Ros!