Saturday 8 November 2008

Musical imprint

I have to confess that I borrowed the idea for this card from A Stampington Inspirations magazine. I would never have thought of embossing a CD myself. The DarkRoom Door stamps lent themselves to the layout perfectly, which is very close in design to the original.


I sanded and coloured the CD with black pigment ink. Then I triple embossed the CD with Amazing Glaze, and double embossed with Black EP, pressing the black inked Music stamp into the melted powder while it was still hot. When it dried I rubbed gold metallic Rubons into the impression, and blue and copper around the edges. I sealed it all with hairspray.

From side on this has quite a sheen, as the silver card and gold embossing reflect the light too. I found this all to be quite heavy so the fold is at the top.


---

Stamps: DarkRoom Door Melody and Harmony

Inks: Archival and Pigment Black; Versamark; Brilliance Platinum Planet

Extras: Metallic RubOns; old CD; black abd white paper; Silver card; Amazing Glaze; Gold and Black detail EP; Hairspray

1 comment:

Heather Robinson said...

Oh what a beautiful effect you've created with this technique...love the layers of textures and interesting composition. Gorgeous.