Monday 11 August 2008

Lanterns

Well, I'm back from all my gallivanting. I spent a week in France with the Youth Orchestra (with 24 hours' notice!!), came back to do some frantic washing and sleeping, and then went to the Lleyn peninsula in Wales with the family for a week. Talk about contrasts in weather - France was boiling (I'm not much of a heat lover), whereas Wales was cold and wet. I've spent all of today washing and ironing, and getting my phone sorted out after 2 weeks of it being out of order.


Back to crafting with a smile. Here's a card I made for the Lots to do Challenge on the theme of Oriental, using a sketch from 2Peas. There should be brads on the ribbon but I felt they intruded. Note to self - buy more oriental stamps...

---

Stamps : Judikins Beneath a Plum Tree; A Stamp in the Hand Round Lantern

Inks : Versamark; DI Walnut Stain

Extras : DCWV Far East and Neutrals mat stacks; Waxy Flax Sage; Detail Gold EP; Woolworths RubOns; Ribbon recycled from a chocolate box

8 comments:

Ang C said...

its lovely

like the lanterns


thankyou for joining in with the lots to do challenge this week

Dawn said...

Beautiful card - love the colours

mommabear said...

Its fabulous I love it


thank you for joining this weeks challenge

Mags said...

Beautiful card, love the lanterns.

Thank you for joining in with us this week

crafty creations said...

gorgeous card love the colours

Thanks for joining the Lotstodo cahllenge this week

Shaz said...

this is lovley, lovley shades used too

Andrea said...

A lovely card,the lanterns are fab.

Thank you for joining us on lots to do this week

For the life of me said...

gorgeous card xx