Saturday 15 September 2007

My love is like a red, red rose

For Isa's L challenge I have chosen not to use the extra options. Firstly I didn't have any bird stamps, and secondly the theme I chose did not really suit the waterfall card technique. But there is a lot of Love floating around, as well as Leaves - and I did go all Lyrical!

For the upper and lower backgrounds I scribbled with the pens on a craft mat, sprayed with water and smooshed my card around. On the lower one I batiked the honeycomb pattern. For the middle background I sponged inks on gesso, and then stamped. I am stupidly wearing a white cardigan, that now has a nice pink sleeve!

I am always amazed at how colours react to one another. The brads are bright yellow, but look a soft green on this card.

I will also submit this for the DCM challenge using the colour theme of golden.


---

Stamps : Stampington Loose Leaves, Fresh Flowers Elements and Script Greetings

Inks : Adirondack Sunshine Yellow and Lettuce; Impress Garnet; Marvy pens Brilliant Yellow, Pastel Peach and Coral Pink; Versamark

Extras : Gesso; SGme Clear EP; YLI variegated thread; Sheer ribbon; MM yellow brads; BB green card

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh, how romantic! How I love these colours and your design is cool.

Cora said...

This is beautiful. I love the flower and the variety of color.

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful ! I love these colours !

Nanie

Juliet said...

Stunning card - I love this!

Crissi Harvey said...

stunning card love and the techniques you have used will deff have to try them

Anonymous said...

Your creations are so beautiful ... love your art.